12 September 2008

Terry Pratchett talks about Science and Faith ... a bit

I read this feature article by Terry Pratchett from the Daily Mail.

He talks about the rumor that he had found god; takes us on a journey exploring the mindful wanderings of Pratchett the young boy in his quest to find answers to the Bigger question.

Fun and delightful to read. Typical Pratchett style with hint of wry humor.

This is my favorite bit ... basically Pratchett points out that he did not suddenly become a believer in god (science is his thing) but he does feel the need to make fun of believers either.

"
It's that moment, that brief epiphany when the universe opens up and shows us something, and in that instant we get just a sense of an order greater than Heaven and, as yet at least, beyond the grasp of Stephen Hawking. It doesn't require worship, but, I think, rewards intelligence, observation and enquiring minds.

I don't think I've found God, but I may have seen where gods come from"

0 comments: